Gettin' Fancy

The plan:
My friend Jason and I wanted to treat our friends for their birthdays with a gift certificate to a fancy restaurant and an evening of us babysitting their kid so they could go to said restaurant. The problem:
Unfortunately, the restaurant was so fancy that they sniffed at the mention of gift certificates.
The solution:
So we decided to make our own.

My style doesn't lend itself to frequent opportunities to write in script, so I was particularly interested in the lettering. After a bunch of tries, I got some half-decent letterforms that met my standard of cuteness, but the whole land of cursive is obviously one I'm gonna need to spend more time getting my head around. I learned a lot from this exercise, so I think it was a reasonably successful first exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment