Bling the Magic Drag-n


For our art auction at work, a bunch of us each adopted a wooden Nickelodeon N and were tasked with art-ify-ing it in any way we pleased. 3-D things are definitely not my thing, but I was brave enough to attempt the challenge. I decided to try a fire breathing drag-n, which started out as just clay on top of the wood. However, at some point I realized that my poor sculpting skills needed some help. I've never worked with sequins before, but they were the perfect thing for covering up little imperfections. It took the help of tweezers, glue, and a lot of patience, but eventually Bling the Magic Drag-n was born. He unfortunately doesn't photograph well; in reality he's much more attractively shiny and his form is more clear. But you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment